snippets as life files/flies past

the low profile i keep

My photo
manchester
where i gather my thoughts, and you get to see them.

some immediate thoughts

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 20 April 2009

    Zumthor

    One of my heroes, Peter Zumthor was announced as this year's Pritzker Prize winner. His work is formally ascetic, but materially rich, born of extended gestation periods completely unfeasible for the everyday architect. As a result, he produces subtle, deep architecture that is anything but everyday, yet whose textural properties resonate with human contact.

    His sensual work is summarised by Dezeen here, and my favourite building - his mountainside chapel at Chur - is shown left.

    No comments:

    stuff i've won

    artwiculate winner

    where are you from, caller?

    sounds nearby