snippets as life files/flies past

the low profile i keep

My photo
manchester
where i gather my thoughts, and you get to see them.

some immediate thoughts

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 7 February 2009

    Stalker

    As one of the most impressive pieces of cinema I've ever seen, it was great to see reflections on Stalker by critic Geoff Dyer. The Guardian article touches on what provides its enduring quality, concluding that enigma and ambiguity reward re-viewing. For me, the Tarkovsky's themes of yearning and redemption are palpable, played out as a journey into a forbidden zone, prompting parallels with the Christian worldview.

    Time for another viewing, I think.

    No comments:

    stuff i've won

    artwiculate winner

    where are you from, caller?

    sounds nearby